Outdoor recreational areas are great additions in any home. Due to lack of lights, however, homeowners cannot use them to hold evening gatherings. Installing fixtures is a great way to create an inviting patio, deck, or porch. They can also work a dramatic effect on your home.
Before you buy residential or commercial landscape lighting, Vernon Daniel Associates recommends the following design tips:
1. Proportion is vital to installing exterior fixtures. If you are placing a source of light on one side, make sure you have another one installed on the other side to create balance.
2. Choose a fixture that complements your home’s architectural style. Fixtures should blend in rather than stand out from your home.
3. You can look for frosted glass to prevent excessive glare.
4. Do not be afraid to use large fixtures. An experienced landscape lighting company can help hide unwanted fixtures between bushes and trees. They also know where to place large lamps properly around your patios.
5. You can flank an entranceway with lights to encourage smoother navigation toward the area.
6. You can choose from three types of outdoor light: overall, task, and accent. An overall light illuminates an entire space whereas a task light highlights a specific area. You can use an accent light to draw attention to a specific spot.
7. Like indoor lights, outdoor fixtures consume electricity. Make sure to choose long-lasting and energy-efficient fixtures for more savings.
If you are looking for beautiful and efficient fixtures for your home, trust Vernon Daniel Associates. For over 40 years, we have helped homeowners and business owners create lovely, safer properties. We offer exceptional custom design, installation, and attentive maintenance programs. You’ll find that our expertise sets us apart from other companies in the industry.
We can do more than light up your patios and porches. We can also install fixtures around pools, sidewalks, driveways, and parking lots. We also specialize in formal and informal gardens.
Browse our gallery to see our previous projects and get inspiration. If you want to learn more about our services, you can call us at (866) 304-3002.